Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #1

Hello from the northern part of Norway!

I finally got DSLR, even better a Pentax K-30.

I think I'll get some good photos from the northern part of Norway, with midnight sun at the summer and aurora at winter.

But I'm still in the learning process with both photography techniques and the K-30 it self.

Wish me good luck

06-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hello Norway from an expatriated scandinavian, and welcome!

Midnight sun I've seen when crossing up far north, but all-day-darkness and "northern lights"....well, I'm jealous that you live where such happen and you're up for making and sharing photos of that soon

So a K-30 body, and what lens(es) is(are) your weapon(s) of choice?

Good luck on the process, and just ask away on this forum - there's a wealth of information available for the asking.
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, learn quickly see we can see these amazing happenings from your country.
06-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations on your purchase and good luck with the K-30. Finally someone who lives further north than I do. Make sure when you address me in a thread you refer to me as "you southerners". It will make me feel warmer in the winter.

06-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Congratulations on your purchase and good luck with the K-30. Finally someone who lives further north than I do. Make sure when you address me in a thread you refer to me as "you southerners". It will make me feel warmer in the winter.
Oh, I am jealous at you guys now....down here, this expatriated scandinavian is cursing the months from April through September as being "too damned hot and humid"....
06-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the K-30 ... and please post an image soon ... J
06-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The temperature was 108 today when I left work. Some cooler weather would be very nice right about now.

... and to the OP - Welcome to the Forum!! Enjoy your K30.

06-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Hello Norway from an expatriated scandinavian, and welcome!

Midnight sun I've seen when crossing up far north, but all-day-darkness and "northern lights"....well, I'm jealous that you live where such happen and you're up for making and sharing photos of that soon

So a K-30 body, and what lens(es) is(are) your weapon(s) of choice?

Good luck on the process, and just ask away on this forum - there's a wealth of information available for the asking.
Got the kit lens 18-55mm WR for most outdoor uses, and a old M 50mm f1.4 for everything.
06-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was made in Norway and am going back next month for a quick visit. I'll be armed with a K-5, but won't have time to go north. Damn!
06-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You actually live there--like, year-round?!
06-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
You actually live there--like, year-round?!
Haha, yes, why?
06-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arctichuman Quote
Haha, yes, why?
I guess that dadipentak was jealous
06-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #13

Original Poster
Most likely
06-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arctichuman Quote
Haha, yes, why?
I'm jealous of your ability to live with good humor in a place which gets so cold. I complain bitterly for our two months of winter (when it sometimes gets as cold as zero degrees centigrade ) By all means welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your landscape!
06-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I'm jealous of your ability to live with good humor in a place which gets so cold. I complain bitterly for our two months of winter (when it sometimes gets as cold as zero degrees centigrade ) By all means welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your landscape!
Haha, thanks. 8 months with -20c is just a normal winter.

I'm still learning my K-30 and every day I find a new function, or a new way to use the camera.