Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #1

Want to be

Just trying to learn. Used to do film and was pretty good. Sometimes old film knowledge gets in way of learning digital. Have a K5 and a ist dl love them both but not getting photos good enough to get details when zooming in. Want to learn and improve. Love photography and don't want to look like a dope.

06-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jay Cee Quote
Just trying to learn. Used to do film and was pretty good. Sometimes old film knowledge gets in way of learning digital. Have a K5 and a ist dl love them both but not getting photos good enough to get details when zooming in. Want to learn and improve. Love photography and don't want to look like a dope.
Don't worry, nobody's going to make you feel like a dope here. I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself. Just get out there and take pictures! You don't have to worry about using up rolls of film anymore. You'll take lots of worthless pictures (everybody does), but there will be good ones in there, and you'll figure out what works and what doesn't.

One thing that take a long time to learn is that you can't let yourself get wrapped up in the details. If a picture isn't appealing as a whole, nobody cares about the details. You don't want pictures that are technically excellent, but totally boring. Take pictures of things you're interested in. Your enthusiasm will shine through.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your efforts.
06-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... the K-5 is great, love mine ... please post an image or two soon ... J
06-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, but being a dope is how we all learnt, professionals don't happen overnight.