Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #1

Buy / Sell on this forum

Hey all, I am new here. I was wondering if buying items that are listed on this forum is safe? I feel like it should be, but I thought maybe someone who has been around awhile might know more about it. Thanks

06-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As safe as it can be. I suggest you look at sellers feedback before proceeding with transactions.
I have dealt here regularly and have had no problems whatsoever. And that is not to say there have not been a problem or two arisen in the Marketplace over the years.
Be aware, Moderators keep a fairly closed watch on Marketplace listings.
06-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Aye, you should be OK as many of the folk who use the marketplace are known on the forum.
06-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I have both purchased and sold on the Marketplace, and consider it as safe as such things can be. I do have confidence. The Moderators do a wonderful job here, but occasionally something will go wrong. There was one thread, that I think you need to read. It's pretty self explanatory as to the entire saga. There is a precautionary moral to the story there also.Would I personally continue to purchase here off the Marketplace - Yes, absolutely.
Would I personally continue to sell here in the Marketplace - Yes, absolutely.
I have sold items to folks internationally - and will I again - depends on the item, but - Yes, absolutely.
I have never bought items internationally via the MarketPlace - depends on the item, but - Probably.

06-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter

If you are buying from someone that doesn't have 100% feedback use paypal.
If it takes more than 30days make a claim with paypal before 45 days is up.
If you are selling always use a tracked, insured method with signature confirmation so you have proof that it was delivered.
I don't mind paying or receiving payment by bank transfer as long as the buyer as feedback and a history here
06-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... looks like you have already gotten some good advice ... I have yet to purchase via the PF marketplace, but I would have very little worries doing it someday in the future ... J
06-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have bought three times on the forum. Each transaction was very positive. I felt I was interacting with someone who knew about the item for sale and was selling as part of their enthusiasm for photography. In one case the seller was very kind and refunded me in full when I realised the item was not what I had thought it was. (This happened before he shipped the item.)
06-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
According to my profile, I've been a party to 36 transactions here (mostly purchases ) All of them have been positive. I haven't had any issues with eBay transactions either but I feel safer here--in part because I've gotten to know folks.