Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #1

Hello from London

Hi fellow PFers.

I've been following this board for a while and made a few posts recently and just discovered the introductions board and thought I should post a belated 'ello.

I've followed my father's passion for photography, and some 20 years ago I inherited his Ricoh KR-10 when he got a Canon SLR for his 50th.

I loved photography, but as a student, I was frugal with film. I progressed to digital with a Canon A70, which I loved and then inspired by a friend that shot Pentax, I got my first D-SLR - a Samsung GX-10 and along with the kit lenses I got a Pentax FA-35.

Last year I got married and for our honeymoon my wife suggested I should get a better camera to better capture the trip. And so along came a bouncing baby K-5.

My passion has flowered, in part to the enthusiasm on these boards as well as that shown by my friend who originally introduced me to Pentax. A healthy LBA has bloomed, and I've since added many lenses to my kit bag including DA 18-135 (which I love), FA-50, 10-17 FISH-EYE and DA 55-300, but it's amazing that I can still use the 50mm from my Dad's KR-10 (though I admit it's a bitch to focus at f/2!). I'm now confident that the weakest link in my photography is the soft squishy bit behind the camera that presses the shutter button.

My Dad just reached 70, and he was treated with a Nikon D800. An amazing piece of kit with focus speed and resolution out of this world. But I'm loyal to my Pentax, which cost about a fifth of his toy!

I'd love to hear from any other London based Pentax enthusiasts, or from others passing though this city.

I'll finish with a photo I took recently in Newcastle, UK.

Last edited by ikershaw; 06-07-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Fix typos
06-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome from the other smaller London (Canada sorry no where near, but we do have a Thames River)
06-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Welcome from the other smaller London (Canada sorry no where near, but we do have a Thames River)
Thanks.

Always wondered where we'd got the name for our river from!
06-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from the other Newcastle. So dad's a Canikon eh? You've got to work that K5 and show him who's got the better kit.

Regards

06-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
Welcome from the other Newcastle. So dad's a Canikon eh? You've got to work that K5 and show him who's got the better kit.

Regards
Hehe, thanks. He's definitely got the better kit (from a sheer technical point of view), but I don't think that's the weakest link - we're both still learning after all these years.
06-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm nowhere near either, no doubt to be getting even further away depending on the vote next year.
06-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... nice intro and hope to see more images soon ... J