Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2013, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Tokyo

I shot digital Pentax in the past, but now I´m using a Spotmatic with some Takumars (I prefer film photography, specially BW). My favorite is the Super 55/1.8, and I love street photography.

I like this space, so I registered. Hope I will spend a nice time here.

Regards

06-08-2013, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Hi ambrosius,

Welcome to the forum. I found it to be a very helpful and especially a very FRIENDLY space - something that is quite rare in the netz, as far as I can tell.

I am living in Tokyo as well. I own a K1000SE and do some b&w development in my bathroom for recreational purpose, "for real" I shoot digital on my K-30 since I suck at film photography.
First a tip: check out Japan Camera Hunter | Find the camera of your dreams if you don't know the site yet. Bellamy knows a lot about film going on in Tokyo, and is a nice guy.
Second an offer: if you ever want to take an apprentice with you, let me know - I find street photography quite interesting, but never really did it myself. So if you are up for a photo-walk some time, let me know.
Here a very small collection of what I shoot... 500px / wullemaha / Photos

Cheers,
René
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM - 1 Like   #3
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum ambrosius!
+1 on the advice from wullemaha wish I could join you on a photo walk in beautiful Tokyo!
Miss the city so much
06-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the nice replies. Sure would be nice to join here in Tokyo. Since I came to Japan five years ago, I'm enjoying photography alone. Mostly street photography, but recently I'm shooting a lot of banal things, I love Eggleston's work a lot.

Last edited by ambrosius; 06-09-2013 at 04:17 AM.
06-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there's lots of "street guys" here, post up some images as soon as you get a chance.

I would imagine Tokyo streets would provide some amazing opportunities.
06-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I like the STak 55/1.8 too. I got one relatively recently to replace a 55/2 which was a bit worn. (I bought it very cheaply and developed my liking for the STaks from that one.

I was using the 55/1.8 at a community event this lunchtime. The light was really strongly directional through a window and into a large cafe. Many nice images in a variety of conditions. Your flickr set were interesting. My wife complains too many of my pictures are too banal (she does not use such learned words). I take them, particualrly when travelling as a way to try to capture for myself the vision of what I am seeing when I got to where I went. I use photography as my means to try to understand life.
06-09-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... love my ST 55/1.8 (see signature) ... hope to see some images soon ... J

06-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #8

Original Poster
Sure, Kerrowdown, will post something soon, after developing my next roll

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I like the STak 55/1.8 too. I got one relatively recently to replace a 55/2 which was a bit worn. (I bought it very cheaply and developed my liking for the STaks from that one.

I was using the 55/1.8 at a community event this lunchtime. The light was really strongly directional through a window and into a large cafe. Many nice images in a variety of conditions. Your flickr set were interesting. My wife complains too many of my pictures are too banal (she does not use such learned words). I take them, particualrly when travelling as a way to try to capture for myself the vision of what I am seeing when I got to where I went. I use photography as my means to try to understand life.
That sounds good! I like how you describe photography as a tool to understand life, that's really interesting.

Thanks for visiting my gallery

And yes, 55 is great, cheap and small. I think it's underrated, and I prefer it over the 50/1.4 (I has three version of this)
06-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #9

Welcome aboard, Ambrosius! Look forward to seeing your photos!
06-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ThomR Quote
Welcome aboard, Ambrosius! Look forward to seeing your photos!
Thanks. Will share for sure, I just need to finish the roll and develop it. Maybe this week.

Regards