Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #1

New here. Learning amd Lenses

Hello, I'm brand new to interchangeable Lens cameras. I didn't want to go for the major and big DSLR so purchased the Q. Liked the Q b/c of size and style as well as its functions. Just need to learn everything from an almost zero knowledge base. Especially interested in lenses, Which ones I can use w/ my Q!

How can I tell it will work even if it doesn't say "works w/ Pentax Q)? For example this add:

Quantaray Tech-10 PF AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Macro Lens For Pentax ???

Adapters. What makes a good lens? What do the numbers even mean (I've got the basics via wikis etc. But for instance, whats the difference between say 2 lenses which each have the same zoom just making it up here say the standard 02 zoom 5-15 = 3x and a 70-200 = 2.8x ? someimes the aperture yes..but why the same zoom but different focal lengths?

Shooting interests:

sports, nature, architecture - monuments, Sunrise/Sunset photography, ambient light, no flash, night time photos esp in the city.

Attached Images

06-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, they are many Q users here that will no doubt give you a hand, I'm unfortunately not one of them, so just hang on a few moments.
06-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... maybe check here : Pentax Q - PentaxForums.com ... hope to see an image or two soon ... J