Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #1

Good day from the UK

My 40 hour old K5ii and I say hello from West Berkshire in the partially sunny central south of the UK.

I hope I won't be bothering you all too much with many lens questions, but I come from Canon and Sony and this is my first Pentax, so it's unfamiliar territory.

First conclusion: the K5ii, even with the kit 18 to 55, is looking a lot better than that dreadful Sony A77; glad I got rid of it! I'm keeping the RX100 though, which is brilliant.

Enough ramblings.

06-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello Quagga, Welcome to the Forum!
Feel free to post any questions you like, we're glad to help if we can. Lots of friendly people here and the resources like the Lens Reviews are invaluable.
Post some photos when you can.
Ron
06-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... hope you enjoy that K-5ii like do my K-5, great imaging tools ... post some pics soon ... J
06-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, if remember correctly a Quagga was a half stripy horse, would you care to comment about your stripes.

06-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #5

Original Poster
Kerrowdown, I'm neither extinct nor stripey! I just think that quagga is a wonderful word and decided to use it for my membership of this forum. Another beautiful word is aviatrix, but I couldn't use that as I'm not a female and didn't complete my flying lessons.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping that the K5ii doesn't give me stripey results.
06-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quagga Quote
I'm neither extinct nor stripey!
I knew there had to be a story in there somewhere.

QuoteOriginally posted by Quagga Quote
I'm hoping that the K5ii doesn't give me stripey results
Only if the sensor is knackered do you get stripey results.