Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #1

Not another aussie pentax fan

Well sort of.
I have a K-01, K100D super and old film SLR (my wife's).
Love the look and the IQ of the K-01, but it is a pain to handle, especially when you have bags and kids to wrestle with.
So I now only use the K-01 as a dslr replacement when image quality is paramount.
For everyday use, I am looking at premium compacts, with the Pentax q10 and mx-1 in the mix.
In fact the q10 was emerging as the favourite until the q7 just arrived. Hence looking forward to ordering one of those (hell I'll even funkify the colours for kicks).

George

06-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like it. Wait till Pentax Australia web store has the new cameras in stock the price will be pretty good I expect.
06-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi there, George, and welcome to PF.

Trev's advice is good - the prices for Pentax gear in Australia are starting to get much better lately.

I have the original Q along with 01 and 02 lenses, and I'm looking forward to getting the body cap lens when it's available. The Q7 looks like a step up in IQ, but I probably won't upgrade my Q until Pentax make an EVF available (though there's no guarantee they will, in which case I might have to think again). In the meantime, I'll be looking hard and long at the GR, with 21mm adapter, when it hits the stores here, too. Of course, the successor(s) to the K-5 series will be in the mix somewhere there, too.
06-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy that Pentax gear and please post us an image or two soon ... J

06-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, I 'm beginning to think everyone in Australia is a member here, is a citizen status or passport requirement.