Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

older lenses

hello, I recentlyy purchased a nice used KX on kijiji. The ad stated that the lenses from vintage film cameras would fit, which indeed the 3 lenses from my old ME Super do. However no matter how I try , the little hand with the red \ thru it appears and the shutter does not move when I try to take a picture even though I can see through the viewfinder and manually focus.. Is there a certain procedure I have to go thru or won't these lenses actually work on my Kx ??

06-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See this thread/video:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-x and please post us an image or two soon ... J
06-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just to be clear...the K-x DSLR or the KX film camera?

06-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
Changed settngs

Now that I have changed the apperture ring and green button settings to use my old lens, do I change them back when I put my new lens back on ? Also when I go to video, everything works and I take video, but the little red hand shows up?????
06-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by hendy1949 Quote
Now that I have changed the apperture ring and green button settings to use my old lens, do I change them back when I put my new lens back on ? Also when I go to video, everything works and I take video, but the little red hand shows up?????
You don't have to go back and change those settings w/ modern lenses, as they'll work as they did before. I'd recommend posting in our DSLR forum if you have additional questions about your camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I got here to late to be of help, maybe next time...