Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #1

Long-time lurker, new Pentaxian from México

Hello!!

I love this forum, everyone is really nice and the reviews are quite helpful. I've been reading this forum for quite a long time, but never registered because I shoot with Canon. Well, after a long time of thought [and savings] I finally made the jump and "switched" to Pentax. I say it like that because I'm keeping my Canon, and my plan is to have both systems. Why? Because there's no FF in Pentax, and I want one in the long run, so it will be Canon unless the rumours are true and Pentax delivers. Still, my Canon has sentimental/historic value for me, so even if I go full-frame on Pentax, I'm keeping my old camera anyway ^__^

I'm diving in to Pentax with the K-01 + the 40mm lens and 2 old manual lenses, and when I have more and better glass [and cash] I'll get a K-5 IIs.. or K-5 IIIs [K-3?] if it's already out by the time I'm able to purchase it!!
I chose the K-01 because it was the best camera for the money I could get to build a K mount lens collection until I could upgrade the body, but also because I fell in love with it; the design, the idea.. everything. I know it's far from ideal [VIEWFINDEEEEERRRR], but I do think it's a marvellous camera.

I'm also interested in the Q7 but 3 things are holding me back [as if I could buy it right now haha]: 1, that an updated model must be coming shortly like the Q and Q10; 2, the money; and 3, the Fuji X20.

Aaand Pentax is also winking at me with the WG-3. So yeah, it was about time I officially joined PF =D
So hello to everyone here, from México!

Note: It should be noted that I am cheating a little bit, because although I technically do own a K-01, it still has not arrived yet =[
It's in the post office and they'll deliver it to me until Monday ¬__¬

06-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! I've been hoping for more "south of the border" participation.
06-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the K-01 and please post us an image or two soon ... J
06-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FoTom Quote
but never registered because I shoot with Canon
Welcome aboard, we would talk about you much...

06-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Welcome! I've been hoping for more "south of the border" participation.
Count me as a new active member hehe.
I just saw another guy from Monterrey here, that makes 2 of us. I don't know anyone who uses Pentax here, we're so few!!
06-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the K-01 and please post us an image or two soon ... J
Bonjour mon amie, I sure will once I finally have it with me hehe and I'll sure post photos =D
Do you think I should post here, or is there a special thread or section where those go?
06-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, we would talk about you much...
Haha oh I know.. and trust me, if that camera didn't have such personal worth I would have switched a couple of years ago. On the other hand, Canon does better video, so if I ever need it [I really never shoot video] I can count on it ;P

06-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #8

Original Poster
So I finally got my pandatrooper and I went out for a walk to test it out. I'm starting a new thread because I have some thoughts and questions, besides a couple of photos I'd like to share!
06-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #9

Hey there! Welcome to the Family!
06-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #10

Original Poster
Thank you!! This is quite an addictive family we have got haha It starts with a K-01, then some lenses, then maybe a Q7 if my budget permits in a couple of months.. possibly a K-5 IIIs or K-3 when the time comes.. and of course more lenses.. and then I'll be broke as hell hahaha

I still haven't been able to sit and write that post and everything [I blame my job] but hopefully it will be tomorrow.