Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2013, 04:39 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
New To Pentax

I have recently purchased a WG-3 camera and am very impressed by it’s capabilities. Since I am a professional photographer and own some very bulky and expensive equipment, I thought this camera would be perfect for the many outdoor activities I enjoy.

I was equally surprised to find out however how few people know about this camera. I take every opportunity to show it off especially to my friends who are outdoor sports enthusiasts. Their reaction is almost always the same: “this is cool, -I didn’t even know they made this – where can I get one – I’ve never seen this in stores – does Pentax still make cameras?” After researching Pentax products further I feel that the entire line of very capable cameras is very much under-represented in the marketplace, especially in New England and the US in general.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX WG-3  Photo 
06-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, the little "tough" cameras are great. I bought an Olympus years ago when they were pretty much the only shock/water/freeze resistant cameras. it's fun to dip them underwater and take pictures.
06-17-2013, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
Tough little WG3

It is a fun camera - even more so when you fish it out of a cooler full of ice, soda and beer; to see the expression on everyone's faces!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX WG-3  Photo 
06-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the WG-3 ... thanks for your images and looking forward to more ... J

06-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by JayGeePhoto Quote
much under-represented
Welcome to the forum, certainly a fine little capable camera, but like the rest of Pentax marketing leaves a fair bit to be desired.
06-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #6

Original Poster
Pentax Marketing

Around here there are two breeds of cameras most commonly seen out of captivity; Canons and Nikons with the occasional Olympus or Sony thrown in for good measure. It seems this is what is sold most often in the big box stores or foisted upon us by camera store know-it-all's as being the brands to choose. Back in the days of film (some of you may remember that time; It was shortly after the last of great glaciers receded) we would refer to photographers and labs who would only buy and use one brand of film and paper (It came in yellow box, the name escapes me somehow) as
"K---k Weenies". I would like to see Pentax give these self-assured types a good challenge.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX WG-3  Photo 
« Newbie | Hello! »