Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New user looking for info and advice on adapting a lens for a canon dslr

Greetings -

I am am looking for a resource or help in advising me of the right product to adapt a Pentax Mount 75-260 Lens for use with my newer Canon T3i.

I am from a rural area in Southern Michigan and the nearest camera store is 45 miles away, and they have good but small selection. I have had the Pentax lens for years. I don't have it with me right now while registering for the forum, but
I would like to know how I can use this (hopefully great lens on Canon.

I am the in house photographer (Volunteer) for a local music venue which usually has blues acts. these I typically shoot on manual due the low light conditions. I also run a Facebook page for local community news - which highlights local events through photos. ( there are almost 1400 users on the site)

Personally , I do not have much experience with Pentax cameras. My mom had this lens for some reason and she gave it to me. I have never been able to use it. I am really a Canon person, (sorry) ) I got an AE-1 for either Christmas or my Birthday in about 1981, I think. I am a self taught ammeter semi -professional photographer who loves taking pictures of family and friends and events in my community.

I also shoot local College Football games and other sports. But last fall my Telephooto lens got knocked by a flying football

Peace out,

Aimee (Gypsybird)

06-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums Aimee. I personally can't help with your situation tho there are others here that shoot different brands along with Pentax. I am sure someone here has an answer for you
06-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Aimee. It is possible to use Pentax lenses on Canon but you will need an appropriate adapter. The adapter needed depends on the lens you have. If it is for a Pentax camera then it could be for several different mounts (6x7,645,M42 or K) K-mount and M42 are easy to adapt, not sure about the others.

I did look through the lens database and I do not find an entry for a 75-260. So either the lens is not for Pentax, is a third party lens or you might have the number off. If you post the EXACT name of the lens including all numbers and letters it will be easier to help. A lens is usually specified by the name, focal length and aperture. So for example "Pentax DA 18-135 f/3.5-5.6" Especially on older lenses it is important to use all the information as often the manufacturer made several very similar models over time.

Also this lens will be completely manual on your Canon camera: manual focus, manual exposure.
06-23-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I'll just say welcome to the forum and let all these clever folk (of which I'm not one) help you with mounting your Canon lens.

06-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... could maybe post an image of your lens as well ... that might help us out, too ... J