Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
Forum Member

Another Buckeye Joins the Club

Hello, all!

I've lurked here for awhile, but purchased a lens in the marketplace today and thought I should step out from the shadows and introduce myself. My name is Andrea, and I'm from Western Ohio (near Dayton).

I'm a second generation Pentaxian, as my Dad bequeathed his old K1000 when I was in college. He was mostly a hobbyist, though he shot a few state parks for postcards. With the K1000 and a college course, I learned traditional film techniques and fell in love with the darkroom. Really -- I liked that chemical smell. Call me crazy, but I miss it now that all my post processing is done on a Thinkpad!

Five years ago, I went digital . . . with a (gasp) Kodak Easyshare DX4330. I loved it because it took all the guesswork away. My only job was to compose. It actually proved to be helpful, because my composition got markedly better when that's all I had to think about! I've graduated to a Pentax K110D, and I have a growing assortment of new digital and old manual lenses.

My absolute favorite lens is one which shouldn't even merit conversation on review threads. It's a Hanimar 135mm 3.5. I've never read anything good about it, but my copy is astounding. Guess my Dad got lucky when he picked it up 30+ years ago! Because of the success I've had with that lens, I'm addicted to finding "magic lenses" . . . the ones which defy their reviews and rankings. (Candidly, everything in my life is like that. I'm not a big fan of following the crowd. I'd much rather think independently and find what works for my particular situation.)

I've made a little money with my snaps, but I do it mostly for personal fulfillment. If you'd like to visit my website and gallery, please do! CC is *always* welcome. Just send me a PM and let me know your thoughts!

Gallery: Zenfolio | Andrea Nay Creative

Nice to "meet" you all, and I look forward to contributing to the community.

Pentaxians unite!

All the best,
Andrea

Last edited by ajtour; 03-16-2008 at 12:07 PM.
03-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the group. You will enjoy a lot of Pentax friends here. Many years ago I lived in Englewood north of Dayton. It was a great place to raise my family. Look forward to seeing your pictures.
03-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
krs
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! I lived in Columbus for 5 years, and did not take long to become a Buckeye fan... If only they could win that last football game....