Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

Pentax Old timer

Hi
My first camera was the Pentax MV that I bought with paper route money for $250 in 1978. I was 15; I have never jumped brands. I have always had pretty good luck with Pentax. I have all my old ones around. My kids just bought me the K30 for my birthday. Everyone that knows me knows my camera`s are my baby; I go no were with out one. I shot stuff for loco school here were I live and they gave me my nick name "Kodak" I would take over 700 pictures or more a weekend and post on a site for all there familys could look and share at no cost. The most fun is giving back and getting feedback on the pictures you take. The smiles was worth it all.
Nice to meet you all
Brian

06-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Big B 1963 Quote
Hi
My first camera was the Pentax MV that I bought with paper route money for $250 in 1978. I was 15; I have never jumped brands. I have always had pretty good luck with Pentax. I have all my old ones around. My kids just bought me the K30 for my birthday. Everyone that knows me knows my camera`s are my baby; I go no were with out one. I shot stuff for loco school here were I live and they gave me my nick name "Kodak" I would take over 700 pictures or more a weekend and post on a site for all there familys could look and share at no cost. The most fun is giving back and getting feedback on the pictures you take. The smiles was worth it all.
Nice to meet you all
Brian
Welcome Brian! After that initial outlay it will be a lot cheaper and easier to post those digital photos. You should like that K-30 when you get used to it. And hopefully you have all your old lenses to use on the K-30. Have fun and let's see some photos!
06-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome, Brian.
06-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... nice intro ... please post us an image or two soon ... J

06-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hello Brian,
I suspect I'm a tad older than you but I don't regard myself as an old timer - in fact the way the government keeps pushing back the retirement age I feel younger every day. I hope you get a lot from the forum
06-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #6

I am similarly aged (like a fine wine -- or is it whine? ) and got into Pentax at about the same time as you did.

Have fun with your K-30. I am, for sure! My signature says it all...
06-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #7

Original Poster
Ok, As in old timer I ment I was not an old timer. I started with a Pentax and that makes me a old timer Pentax user... What a miss I have myself into.... Anyway thank you all for replying. Now I guess I would be called a Newby as my son would say... Have a great day all of you.
Camera`s locked and loaded...
Brian
06-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

06-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your latest K-30 addition to your Pentax cameras.
09-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Johndav Quote
Hello Brian,
I suspect I'm a tad older than you but I don't regard myself as an old timer - in fact the way the government keeps pushing back the retirement age I feel younger every day. I hope you get a lot from the forum
Not as in age old timer as in Pentax user old timer.... started for me 1978
09-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #11

Original Poster
Pentax K-30

Sad news, Went on vacation was using my K-30 and the camera started making focus noise. The back LCD screen went blank. I only got to take five pictures. Now my baby is at Pentax to be looked at. I have not heard any news as of yet. My back up K-r was home..... I had to use my Pentax WG II under water camera. Not my first choice but did get a few good pictures.
09-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #12

Photos: Gallery
I got my first Pentax in 1968 at the PX at the Pioneer Kaserne, Hanau, Germany. It was an Asahi Pentax S1a. I still have it, but I haven't used it in a while. I do shoot film some, but on a ZX-5n.
09-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #13
cac

If you think you're an old-timer, my first use of a good camera was in 1967 or so when a friend's offered to let me use his Pentax H1v. I feel in love with it and subsequently purchased a my first Spotmatic. But I'm in the same boat as you are today, with my first digital camera, a K-30. Good luck to both of us. cac in Ontario, Canada