Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New member - old man

Hi - I am Jon, from Denmark.

Drummer, biker, outdoor-type, do-it-yourself-type, let-the-other-ones-do-it-type - and amateur photographer for more than 35 years.

Started with borrowing my Dads 6x6 Agfa Isolette - and soon after bought my first SLR, the usual Zenith E. After a couple of years spent partly in the cupboard, trying to persuade rollfilm into used Tri-X cartridges, I graduated to a Chinon Memotron with a couple of lenses besides the 55 mm - and made diasshows.

The camera was put away for some years, my girlfriends Olympus Trip35 took over the task of documenting our trips into the wilderness - until we on a trip to Thailand and Malaysia got to Singapore. There, I bought a Pentax K1000 with a 50 mm - I had at the time developed a nostalgic liking for anything altmodisch. Back home in Denmark, over the next couple of years I bought a 28 and a 105 - and a Tamron 350 mirror tele.

This kit served me for the next 15 years or so - until the shutter started to play up on Cuba, ruining quite a few nice slides. You donīt see it before you get home.....

Back home, I decided to go digital - the PC had already taken over as tape recorder for my band. The lenses I had was brillant, so Pentax it had to be. Since 2006, I have been the owner of a *ist dl, and as my pictures are seen on screen only for 99% of the time, that has worked fine. I am so much used to manual handling, and now I have had the possibility to check instantly for lighting or focus problems. Nice.

I still think as if I had film in the camera - so I havenīt yet taken 10.000 pictures with it - the thought of coming home from a weeklong holiday with say 3.000 pictures to look through doesnīt appeal to me, so I tend to only press the button when I feel convinced I have a motive....

But now I feel the urge to get some more pixels - mostly. And, as a bandmate has acquired a Zoom recorder with built-in videocamera, the possibilty to add another angle and mix some videos of our live gigs appeal to me.

So, I had almost convinced myself of the need to get a K30, but will now wait a couple of weeks - maybe months - to see what the introduction of the K50 and 500 does to the price. Being outdoors a lot could make people think I will need the WR - but as my lenses arenīt, and I am not going to buy new - I think it will be a K500. if only I can make the shop keep the 18-55.....

So - I will wait a bit.

But not for the ideal camera for me - a digital version of a Spotmatic, a totally manual FF with modern exposure meter and a large screen at the back. Ideal also for thumping those stubborn tent-poles into the hardened ground - if only they wouldnīt break.....that will never happen, I know.

Looking forward to hang around here, too - listen and learn.

Regards

Jon

06-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hej Jon, velkommen! Glad to have you on board!
06-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Ole!

With that name, you must have danish predessors?

Jon
06-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... nice intro, enjoy the site and hope to see an image or two soon ... J

06-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jon Petersen Quote
Thanks, Ole!

With that name, you must have danish predessors?

Jon
Oh, there're quite a few Norwegians who go by that name also....
06-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Jon!
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, a great intro, pixel CBA it's not a good sign.

06-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hej Jon.

There's a cashback campaign in europe and scandinavia at the moment, check out pentax.dk. Just thought you'd like to know.

Regards,
--Anders.
07-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
Yos
Veteran Member

Hej och välkommen Jon!
Enjoy the forum and whichever new Pentax camera you pick up
07-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

I ended up buying a lightly used K-5 - I will receive it tomorrow, and of course I look as much forward to that as a kid looks forward to christmas...

From the advice given here, I have also ordered a magnifying eyepiece - an O-ME53. And an extra battery - and some more SD-cards.

I will receive a 35 mm f/2, bought here, as soon I get back from my holidays - and I am also looking at a Zenitar 16 mm f/2,8.....

That was a lot of money spent very quickly - bit then again, I havenīt bought anything else camerawise for more than 7 years.

I think I can defend my decision.

And I really look forward to bring the K-5 on my holidays!

Jon