Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello to everyone.

I'm bad at intros, but here goes:

You can call me Marc, I am from the Montreal area in Quebec, Canada.

A little background:
I am not completely new to photography, about 10 years ago, my dad gave me his old Pentax ME Super with a whole bunch of lenses and accessories.
Pretty much learnt the basics of Photography with that camera, then got a Canon Elan 7e [35mm].. a few years later, got rid of all my photography stuff for various reasons; a choice I've regretted.

To get on with it; recently, I've decided it was time to get back into photography. Did lots of research on different cameras, good beginner cameras, etc..

Decided I wanted a Pentax for various reasons; mainly weather-sealing and the low cost of good lenses. Searched eBay and various local stores for deals.. A local store was advertising on eBay; I got an incredible deal on a like new Pentax K-7 + Kit Lens (about the same price I would have paid a Nikon D3200/Canon T3i kit).

It's been a few weeks, and I feel I made the best decision getting this camera. Maybe it doens't have the picture quality of high-end Nikon/Canon stuff.. but for my first DSLR, I couldn't be happier!

I felt like a complete newbie when I first handled this camera.. it offers so many options and features that I need to alwyas read about.. but I find this camera VERY intuitive and easy to use. I'm getting used to it pretty quickly and shooting some pretty good pictures with it. I'm anxious to actually go on a trip and take some landscapes and/or macro photography with it.

Anyways, that's it for me. Looking forward to "meeting" you all..

Marc

06-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Marc and thank you for your interesting introduction too.
06-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the site and hope to see an image or two soon ... I had a K-7, great DSLR, J
06-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you.. and I have uploaded some photos I've taken with my Pentax K-7. Let me know what you think!

06-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, glad to hear your enjoying your K-7, now you just need to get that trip organised.