Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #1

New to forum

Hi,

Just got my K-5. Bought from BuyDig.com. Camera came with a serial number card, but no warranty paperwork. I contacted BuyDig, and their response was that I don't need one as it has the manufacturer's one year warranty. Any one else have this situation with BuyDig? Their advertisement for the camera said US warranty.

Appreciate any comments.

Also have a ist*DS and a lot of film Pentax's - K1000 through MX.

Jim

06-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't believe there is any actual 'warranty paperwork', certainly was not with my k-5. You can purchase the US Extended Warranty for $20 which adds two additional years to the regular warranty and includes one free cleaning (though you pay shipping/handling). If you get this you will receive a separate warranty booklet.

As I understand it the only thing you need for warranty work is a copy of the receipt to prove the purchase date and that it was from an authorized seller.

Oh, and welcome aboard! Take the time to look around, there is more Pentax info on this site than you possibly imagine.
06-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Jim. There's 54K members so be prepared for 54K options if you ask a question like what is the best travel lens.
John
07-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, I've no idea about the warranty question, but the clever folk will be along shortly, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

07-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
K-5 warranty

Thanks to you responders. Looks like the lack of a warranty card is a non-issue. I was going to enjoy it no matter what. It is really sweet and I am glad I got it.