Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Sweden

Hi,

I'm a 24 year old swedish guy who have a big interest in art, music and photography. I am a currently unemployed journalist who got sort of a interest of photography as the (sometimes timesome) part of multi-journalism. Ie, you do both photography and writing yourself, a negative part of cost cutting away pro-photographers in Swedish papers.

I own two Canon point and shoot cameras including the wonderful S2 IS Powershot. For a few months I pondered over the issue of going up to the level of DSLR. Finally the choise was the Pentax K100D. The reason that tipped the scale was built in Shake Reduction (which I got used to with the S2 IS), the robust and genuine feel and it's support for older Pentax mounted lenses. Soon I will get a screwmount adapter from Pentax Sweden, so that I will be able to use Takumar-lenses which I got second-hand.

I plan on making good use of my camera. I am interested in street-photography, people photography as well as portraits. It is also handy for journalistic projects.

01-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from canada (I guess it is Kanada over the big pond

glad to have you here. the k100 is the best choice in my opinon for someone who wants a great camera without breaking the bank. my wife has the kit lens with it and it really is a sharp lens for its price range.

hope you have fun with it,
looking forward to some of your pics!
could you post a few of your outstanding Swedish ladies?

cheers

randy
01-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hej Maleek.

Welcome to a very friendly forum. Looking forward to some photos from my birth country. Where in Sweden are you from?

Cheers

Eddie
01-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #4

Original Poster
This forum seems really friendly. Lot friendlier then that of dp-review, where the angst after Phil Askeys review of the K10D seemed to never end. The Pentax community seems to be less about impressing mates with expensive gear and more about photography itself.

I've lived all of my life in the Värmland region. I grew up in Karlstad, and there is where I live now as well. It's a middle sized city by Swedens standards, with a population nearing the magic 100,000 people limit. Which seems to be the big thing for our local politicians for the moment being.

The city has quite an interesting history, and is the place to find Swedens longest stone bridge. And was rumored to be favored by one of our long gone monarchs to be the Swedish capital. Good thing his plan didn't go trough.

To me C(K)anada means good hockey above all. But for many trendy young swedes it's all about the really expensive Canada Goose jacket. You have to pay up to a few tousand swedish kronor to get by one of those. Actually, it is about as expensive as the K100D without the kit lens.

See you all in the forum folks!

mingdie:

Where did you live before in Sweden before you moved to New Zealand?

Last edited by maleek; 01-14-2007 at 09:31 AM.
01-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Maleek

I lived in Gothenburg for the first 28 years and the last 20 years I have lived in Auckland, New Zealand. My last trip to Sweden was four years ago and we visited my wifes relatives in Ekshärad, Värmland. It is a great part of Sweden and I look forward to some photos from you.

Cheers

Eddie
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Maleek - welcome to the forums!
01-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Another Swede... Karlstad? Jaja....

Welcome!