Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
hello - new Pentaxian

I finally registered on the forum, have been reading in the background.

I'm a 52 yr old who started photography late in high school. First with a Yashica GSN, moving to an FX-3 over the summer of my freshman year in college. I used the FX-3 through college, including a stint as photo editor for the re-started Univ of Florida yearbook. I was lucky enough to get sideline passes to football and basketball games.

After college I switched to an old Canon FtB and eventually a whole lot of Canon film cameras - I currently own working TX, F1N, AE-1, AT-1, T70, T90 as well as a variety of rangefinders and MF cameras, including a 1915 Kodak Pocket Autographic.

I've had to small digital point and shoots for convenience sake - first a pentax optio 33wr then a canon sx110.

I recently bought a used K20d with very low shutter count to try my hand with digital SLRs. I also bought a Pentax ZX-L to have a compatible film camera.

So far I'm not completely happy with my experience with the K20d - perhaps it is the glass - perhaps it is the operator. Or it could just be I'm pixel peeping.

My walk around lens is a Tamron 28-200 and I also have a Tokina 19-35 (what I see refered to as the 'plastic fantastic') I do have to say the Tokina seems sharper.

The waterfall is one of my first (prior to adjusting the focus)...

The firework shot is one of my first after doing a rough adjustment of the focus...

well - look forward to contributing to future conversations...
Dori

Attached Images

07-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, give the K20D a little more time, it's quite a competent performer when it gets going.
07-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, give the K20D a little more time, it's quite a competent performer when it gets going.
yes - but is the operator?
07-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... thanks for your images and looking forward to more ... J

07-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!