Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #1

Nuther Newbie

Howdy from Vancouver (USA, not BC ) In Washington (not DC); across the Columbia river ((not in South America)) from Portland, (not Maine).
Sorry--couldn't resist following the previous posters from around here.
Started SLR shooting in '75 in high school voc. tech class so you'd think I would know a thing or two. Well maybe I know even three or four things but that's about it.
I finally waited till the technology and price made it impossible to resist a DSLR. I am, so far, thrilled with the power and precision of my new K30. I am also thrilled to find a group of Pentax users discussing the best way to get the most out of the equipment.
So, again,
Howdy from the Great Northwet,
Matt R

07-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the Pentax DSLR world! You will not only find these few remaining thing to be known but you will also meet similar to you fellows who jumped digital ship after years of hesitation. If there is anything to be dusted off - you will get there soon - how much more complex it can be after all ? That still is pretty much ISO speed, aperture setting and shutter speed

Let us see some pictures soon
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome from Drumnadrochit... the one in the Highlands of Scotland, not the one in Kaitain.
07-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the K-30 and hope to see some images soon ... J

07-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Axeman Quote
Howdy from Vancouver (USA, not BC ) In Washington (not DC); across the Columbia river ((not in South America)) from Portland, (not Maine).
Love it. Welcome.
Regards,
Mark
(From Cape Town, now living on the other side of the world)
07-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome
07-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Axeman Quote
Sorry--couldn't resist following the previous posters from around here.
Started SLR shooting in '75 in high school voc. tech class so you'd think I would know a thing or two. Well maybe I know even three or four things but that's about it.
I finally waited till the technology and price made it impossible to resist a DSLR. I am, so far, thrilled with the power and precision of my new K30. I am also thrilled to find a group of Pentax users discussing the best way to get the most out of the equipment.
So, again,
Howdy from the Great Northwet,
Matt R
So welcome. Your introduction indicates that you will fit right in to the crowd who defines itself as using "not Canikon".

I had no idea that there was a Vancouver in the USA (well, except for when I want to tick off our Canadian friends by pretending to think that Canada is an US state...) - you should make it a personal mission to show us that your neck of the woods is the most beautiful spot in the Americas, now that you have the camera for it, and all