Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #1

New to pentax!

Me and my wife are expecting. We have a panasonic p&s but thats just not going to cut it. Went with a k-30 as we love traveling, hiking, camping etc. Figured it would serve us well. Also im totally into snapping vintage lenses onto a modern dslr. We got the 18-55 WR kit, so ive been scouring ebay for a 24mm wide and "fast 50" prime. My wife took photography back in college but we will be relearning most of this stuff!

07-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to have you on board with us here.
07-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hello, and welcome to PF!

I'm sure the kit you have will serve well for both travelling and family purposes. However, it usually doesn't take long for the bug to bite, and a 24 on the APS-C sensor of the K30 is a very versatile combo. I have an FA*24/2 and a SMC Pentax 24/2.8, the latter being bought new many years ago when I shot film on a K2DMD. Although it's a stop slower, and isn't AF (the A version is AE, but mine is a K version), the latter is a great value-for-money proposition, IMHO.

Good luck with your hunt! We look forward to seeing your photos and posts.
07-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by djpattiecake Quote
Me and my wife are expecting
Welcome, should that not be "My wife and I"

Enjoy the K-30, both of you.