Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #1

Hello Pentax users

Hi all, long time Pentax user, new to the Forum. I am currently using a K5 & K10D. I also have some non-digital older equipment including an inexpensive Toyo 2X tele converter and would like to upgrade to a better digital tele converter, thinking about a Pentax smc rear converter A 1.4xL or a Sigma 1.7, does anyone have comments or recommendations? Should I go with a Pentax or off brand? Thanks!

07-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DJPics Quote
Hi all, long time Pentax user, new to the Forum. I am currently using a K5 & K10D. I also have some non-digital older equipment including an inexpensive Toyo 2X tele converter and would like to upgrade to a better digital tele converter, thinking about a Pentax smc rear converter A 1.4xL or a Sigma 1.7, does anyone have comments or recommendations? Should I go with a Pentax or off brand? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. I have an older Tokina one - Only problem is very shallow depth of field. I think the Sigma 1.7 provides good value.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 07-09-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Note added.
07-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

I have the Rear Converter-A 2x-S, Seldom used, but can get you out of a fix when you need extra reach that you hadn't planned for or has been imposed on you. Yes two stop light loss, but when used with fast ish lenses not such a great issue, ideal to be kept in bag for emergencies.
07-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome