Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #1

Ready to get better at photography

Hello all,

New to the world of non-point-and-shoot photography. I have a few questions but I'll leave them in separate threads on the forum. I've already gotten some great advice from just browsing around so I'm curious to start asking questions.

Little bit about me. I'm from Reno, Nevada. I've always enjoyed photography but never took it seriously because I could never afford the nice gear. Now that I'm graduated, have a job and expendable income I'm looking forward seeing what I can get out of the world of SLRs.

Cheers!

07-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... hope to see an image or two soon ... J
07-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by blueturfbronco Quote
Ready to get better at photography
Welcome to the forum, I think we are all ready for that.
07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome! The great thing about Pentax is that it allows the use of inexpensive old, fully-manual lenses; but also offers high-end gear.
That means you can start off well without a big investment and work your way up, according to your needs and wishes
Enjoy the forums

07-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Hey, welcome! The great thing about Pentax is that it allows the use of inexpensive old, fully-manual lenses; but also offers high-end gear.
That means you can start off well without a big investment and work your way up, according to your needs and wishes
Enjoy the forums
Definitely an upside to the Pentax cameras. When I was making my decision about which brand to pursue the Pentax cameras also felt the best ergonomically. I'm looking forward to buying some old lenses in the future and playing around with them too...