Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi from Norway

Hi,

I'm an old Pentax user from way back in the film era. I have now a K10D and I'm looking to upgrade to a K-5 II or even better - a full frame camera. I really want a full frame camera and I'm almost willing to change plattform to Nikon if Pentax isn't going to make a FF camera soon - really bad, since I love Pentax and have for som many years.

The reason for me to enter the forums is because I'm reading about all the rumors of Pentax making a FF camera, so I want info as soon as possible before I decide what camera I will buy next.

Best,
Arne

07-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Patience.
If FF is the dealbreaker you'll have to wait for the official announcement. I'm waiting to see what the follow-on is to the K5IIs, though full frame has some limited attraction. Whether it's worth moving from the ASPC system, I don't know. For 90% of my work there would be no advantage, though a bigger viewfinder is in itself attractive.
07-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome.
I guess it would be best to check the Full Frame forum for as much info as possible, but it seems to be purely speculation at the moment.

There is a massive divide amongst users here regarding full frame and some have even gone the way of Canon or Nikon, but many have joined over the years thanks to the K-x and K-5.

Personally, I think you might be waiting a while for full frame.
07-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ArneTorp Quote
The reason for me to enter the forums is because I'm reading about all the rumors of Pentax making a FF camera, so I want info as soon as possible before I decide what camera I will buy next.
I wouldn't expect an FF model before late 2014.

However, you'll find a K-5 II to be a vast improvement over your K10D and I'm sure it would tide you over till the FF becomes available very nicely. I think you'd may want to give some other the chance to see whether there are any teething problems with the new FF model and you'd probably also want to wait till the first price reduction.

I'm confident that we'll see an FF model in the not too distant future, but some more patience is required.

07-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-10 and looking forward to an image or two ... FF is difficult issue, but I am quite happy with my K-5 ... J
07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ArneTorp Quote
or even better - a full frame camera. I really want a full frame camera
Welcome, it's been a long time coming and it's still not here yet.