Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2008, 06:23 AM   #1

Another Canadian with a new Pentax

Hello all, I am a proud new owner of a K100D super. I have waited many years to get an SLR again. Had my first one, a Praktica, back in 1977. Over the next decade I accumulated 4 lenses and had great fun using it. But sadly it began to act up and I decided to go to a Minolta auto focus, family camera. Now the kids are all gone and I am looking forward to using my old glass again on this beautiful camera. As soon as I made the decision to buy it, I ordered the K mount adapter from Henry's. I will be needing advice on what are the best settings for using these older lenses, anyone?

03-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. My wife's got family that lives near your area.
03-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paramorgan Quote
Hello all, I am a proud new owner of a K100D super. I have waited many years to get an SLR again. Had my first one, a Praktica, back in 1977. Over the next decade I accumulated 4 lenses and had great fun using it. But sadly it began to act up and I decided to go to a Minolta auto focus, family camera. Now the kids are all gone and I am looking forward to using my old glass again on this beautiful camera. As soon as I made the decision to buy it, I ordered the K mount adapter from Henry's. I will be needing advice on what are the best settings for using these older lenses, anyone?
Hi, Paramorgan, welcome, I am also quite new too. I have been learning a lot from this forum ever since I bought my first DSLR K100D back in 06. I am very pleased with the K100D and have accumulated a few lenses including some favourites as well as junks . I have recently bought myself the K10D and now using the K100D as my backup.

I hope you will also have years of enjoyment from your K100D super.
03-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Welcome. My wife's got family that lives near your area.
Thank you for the welcome, its a great wildlife area to live in. Lots of photo opportunities

03-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Hi, Paramorgan, welcome, I am also quite new too. I have been learning a lot from this forum ever since I bought my first DSLR K100D back in 06. I am very pleased with the K100D and have accumulated a few lenses including some favourites as well as junks . I have recently bought myself the K10D and now using the K100D as my backup.

I hope you will also have years of enjoyment from your K100D super.
Thanks Alfred, I look forward to adding more lenses and how to use those old M42 lenses I have not looked at for years. Just love this camera.

So much to learn, So little time.
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, newcomers.
There's a Canadian thread started by Peter, here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/19601-canadians-sign-up-h...s-welcome.html

Sundridge eh! Have to look that one up...and I did. That place must be awesome.