Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pickselinsel from germany

Hi folks,

I just started taking pictures with a DSLR in June. Before that i went through several unsatisfying compact cameras. My last was a Canon S110, now I own the K-30 with 18-55 kitlens, a Sigma 50-200/4-5,6 , Pentax Takumar 135/2,5 , Helios 44-3 and the Tamron 90mm Makro DI.
Photography became a more serious hobby about 4 years ago. But since I couldn't make anymore developments on a compact, I decided to move on to a more professional solution.
I don't regret my decision, my pictures are getting better with every shot and the K-30 feels just great. Altough it was a loong way till I finally got my K-30. Reading reviews, looking at comparison charts and specs, learning a little bit about the history of the companys out there, etc. The reason for that effort: I wanted t be sure to buy the right camera.
What I learned from all that was: A review can tell you much about what a camera can DO, but not if it makes you happy

Best wishes
Pickselinsel

07-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great introduction!
Welcome to the forum and let us see some of your photos soon
07-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, your so right, perhaps there should be a happiness rating along with all the marks out of ten and star rating systems you get with most magazine reviews.
07-25-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-30 and hope to see an image or two soon ... J

07-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and well said!
Can't agree with you more
Today I bought a new memory card and since the store I bought the card doesn't carry any Pentax gear I decided to try out some Canikon's and other brands.
Once again I am so happy I am a Pentaxian as none of the cameras ranging from entry to semi-professional models felt good to use...
Be it the ergonomics, build or whatnot.
The only camera that was somewhat pleasing to use was the Sony Nex 6... One camera out of at least 15 different models...
Anyway these thoughts should not be written here maybe but I just felt the need to share.
Have great fun with your K-30, I know I will with mine

Cheers
Yos