Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2013, 05:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

A Pentax SLR user for more than 45 years

I've used Pentax (and only Pentax) SLRs for more than 45 years, starting with a borrowed S1A. I switched to Pentax dSLRs just over 9 years ago, and typically I eventually buy the latest top-of-the-range K-mount dSLR. I currently use the K-5IIs plus a variety of DA and DA* lenses. My favourite lens over the last 4 years has been the DA* 60-250mm f/4.

Just lately I have been shooting lots of airshows and motor sports, and I can also convert one of my rooms at home into a small but reasonably well-equipped studio. I am trying to build skills for bird photography, but struggle with "bird in flight" photos!

My (non-commercial) website has a number of photographic galleries. It also has one of the world's largest collection of pages about the DNG raw file format outside of Adobe. I am a (registered) Wikipedia editor, typically writing about photographic topics, and webmaster for my local photographic society.

07-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #2

Hello and Welcome!
07-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... hope to see an image or two soon ... J
07-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, the average user lifespan with Pentax systems seems to be about 30 years, now we know who to come to with the real difficult questions.