Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #1

Old Photographer...New Member

I'm here because of a box I found in a storage room inside my house. It's been there since I moved in the nineties. The box was lost for over 15 years. I'll tell about it at the end of this post.

Hello, my name is Max Grogan, and I live in Knoxville, TN, USA. I discovered photography in 1959 while a young boy. I was smitten. I've made a few hundred thousand images since then. I bought my first Pentax, an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, in 1969, and still have it. I progressed to better equipment such as a couple of LX models, then SF models. When Nikon introduced the F4 in 1988 I changed brands and that is still the brand I use. My latest model is their D600. (No flaming, please.) I own a couple of dozen Nikkor lenses. Nikon is the only other company whose manual focus lenses work with the latest digital SLR cameras.

I did a lot of freelance natural history work for possible publication for about 20 years, but got tired of the marketing effort of mailing pages of slides to editors and trying to keep track of everything. I had moderate success but couldn't afford to try to make a living from that type photography due to the travel required. I gradually drifted out of photography in the mid-'90's, and was mostly inactive until 6MP digital became available. I was re-inspired and I'm very active once again.

My photography today is a bit of natural history and a lot of aviation. I've been a pilot for 44 years and own my fifth airplane. I've flown into almost every state in the lower 48. I'm very active on a Beech aircraft forum: BeechTalk.com

Here is a link to approx. 4,000 images viewable by the public: https://picasaweb.google.com/kdkxbo

The box? Inside the box was an LX, a couple of SFII's, several AF lenses, a couple of unused L "Rear Converters" (1.4x and 2X), a couple of flash units, and a few accessories. I'm kind of a pack rat and rarely sell anything...never done eBay...but I'm going to post this stuff in the Buy/Sell section in the near future.

This is an interesting site. Thanks for allowing me to participate.

Last edited by maxgrogan; 08-01-2013 at 11:28 AM.
08-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, an interesting intro, good luck with future sale.
08-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Max and welcome to PF