Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #1

Newbie in New Hampshire

Hello, I just joined the Forum yesterday, but have been reading it for several weeks. I have owned Pentax film cameras since 1980. But with the declining ability to get film processed, decided to make the jump to digital. I have not yet received my K-30. I ordered it last week, and it's like waiting for Christmas! The kit with the 18-55 and 55-200 was only $100 more than body only so I went that route. Regretting it now - I already have several lenses and should have went with the kit that included a WR lens. That will most likely be one of my first purchases. My other Pentax bodies are the K-1000 (metal body!) and a Z-1.

Living in New Hampshire there are plenty of people, places and things to photograph. One of my favorite places is the old cemeteries. I am pretty proficient technically, but my artistic nature is non-existent. I am hoping with digital I will be able to take more creative photos (not being concerned with the number of frames left and wasting shots!)

I have already read many great suggestions and ideas in this forum. It is a great resource!
Thank you, Lenore Higgins

08-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, great intro, enjoy the K-30 when it arrives.
08-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome to the forum!
That's a great intro btw
The K-30 is a great camera and I am sure you will enjoy it.
Cheers Yos