Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #1

Greetings

Hi,

I am Kristjan, i have been using pentax K200D since 2008 and just last month i regrettably lost it on a trip to France and it seems, it is not finding a way back to me. While searching for a new camera i discovered this forum. I really liked my camera but buying the same one seems little pointless. Over these years I have become very fond of pentax so naturally I would like to have a new pentax camera.

What I really liked about my K200D, was that it was really rugged, weather sealed and you could use AA batterys / accus witch saved me many times. What I did not like so much was that it was heavy and bulky (not too comfortable to take it causally with you), the performance over 400 iso was not so good and white balance tended to be towards red.

So my plan for a new camera is to buy Pentax k-01, it has the same sensor as all the new/er pentax cameras. It is not weather sealed, which I would really like but probably can live without.

What I like about it, is that I can buy a set of small fix lenses for casual use and If I want go shooting I can have some bigger lenses + I have always wanted to make some videos.

I did not plan to write so long, I just planned to ask about some things on the B/S lists, but because I can’t before certain amount of posts. So meanwhile I will just ask for your feedback on my idea.

Originally i planned to go with K500, but it also has no weather sealing, the body costs a lot more than K-01 body, and when I would want weather sealing with the same sensor I would have to look at K-30 or K-50 which are already too expensive for me. So by buying K01 I will get me same power for less and more is left for lenses.

Open for better ideas,

Kristjan

08-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Kristjan, sorry to hear about your loss. Why not look and see if you can get a bargain on a K-5 as they've come down greatly since the K-5 II and K-5 II.s were released and they are still an excellent camera and what's more, they are weather proof.
08-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, I hope you didn't lose all your kit in France.
08-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, I hope you didn't lose all your kit in France.
Unfortionatly i did, but i am still going to go on with pentax, because right now i am in germany and i have oportunities to get some cheap manual lenses for pentax and if i am back to my home country Estonia it seems that some soviet lens maker copied pentax system so there are some high quality lense circualting there also. So after my loss i am trieing to ditch kit lenses and start do collecting some better ones.

08-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by K.Vilgo Quote
ditch kit lenses and start do collecting some better ones
Sounds like a good plan to me, good luck in your quest.