Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #1

Hi

Hi all.

My name is jamie and having sold my canon 450d I went to nikon but after two faulty d5100s I, eventually, arrived at Pentax.
I bought a k 30 and so far I'm very pleased with it. I considered going back to canon with the 650d/700d, but for the price and specI felt the k30 was a much better camera.

The guy in the shop tried to convince me to go canon as they have a better system but, again, I feel Pentax will offer a great system for my needs.

I've only had the camera 2 days and I'm looking forward to using it more and hopefully proving to myself that not going with the big two (canon and nikon) is the right decision.

Cheers

Jamie

08-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum! The K30 is a nice camera to get you started with Pentax. A big advantage with the Pentax system is that every lens ever made for a Pentax SLR (and quite a few that were made for other camera systems) can be used on your K30. Many of us like using old Pentax K and M lenses. They are fully manual but many are very high quality and it is quite rewarding to shoot with manual lenses if you are not in a hurry. All the old M42 (screw mount) lenses can also be used on your K30 - that includes Takumar (the older Pentax lenses, Zeiss, Yashica and quite a few others. Because many of these lenses cost very little, you can have a lot of fun on a small budget. The lens database will give you some idea of what to look for and there are articles here on how to use older lenses. But I am getting over-enthusiastic. Enjoy your K30 and post some pics
08-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, I sure you'll still be happy with your purchase in a few more days time, cos it's good kit.
08-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!
The K-30 is a great camera and I am sure you will like it
Tried the Canon 650d several times (in shops only) but I still do not understand the fuzz about that model as my K-30 just feels so darn right comparing to the Canon model.
Anyway, nuff said...
Hope to see a picture or two in the future
Cheers
Yos

08-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Welcome to the Forum! The K30 is a nice camera to get you started with Pentax. A big advantage with the Pentax system is that every lens ever made for a Pentax SLR (and quite a few that were made for other camera systems) can be used on your K30. Many of us like using old Pentax K and M lenses. They are fully manual but many are very high quality and it is quite rewarding to shoot with manual lenses if you are not in a hurry. All the old M42 (screw mount) lenses can also be used on your K30 - that includes Takumar (the older Pentax lenses, Zeiss, Yashica and quite a few others. Because many of these lenses cost very little, you can have a lot of fun on a small budget. The lens database will give you some idea of what to look for and there are articles here on how to use older lenses. But I am getting over-enthusiastic. Enjoy your K30 and post some pics
Hi and cheers for the lens info it's really useful with good reviews.
I have and old yashica with two naff lenses but also with a sigma f400 fixed focal length thing in good nick so il try pick up a converter for it.

Cheers again and il try get some pics uploaded soon

Jame