Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello Everyone

My name is Mark, and I'm obviously new to the forum, and have K-x. I take the pictures for general family stuff and my wife's ebay business. I had a major problem today. I lost about 300 images, all taken in a two hour span today, coincidenatly after a red icon appeared (I'd never seen it before). I only discovered this when I connected the camera and the computer recognized every old image on the sd card but nothing from today. Which is the best forum for this kind of question? And, I look forward to enjoying this resource. Thanks!

08-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How many images are on your card. It sounds like it may be full. I reformat my cards each time I reinsert them in the camera so I know it is empty and ready to go.
Welcome to the Forums Mark
08-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #3

Hi SRT,

Can't help with your questions but as a fellow newbie, wanted to say Welcome! Hopefully you'll get your situation resolved shortly!
08-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Red Light?

Hello Mark, Welcome to the Forum!
Patrick may be right, the card might be full. However, on the few times I've filled a card, my camera wouldn't even take photos, it basically locked up. This was with a Pentax K-7. If you can get the icon to re-appear and describe it, that would help.
In any event, you should empty the card once you've downloaded photos, and since cards need to be re-formatted from time-to-time anyway, I do (as Patrick suggested) both tasks at the same time. Once my photos from the card are successfully loaded into Lightroom (or whatever PP program you use) scroll the camera menu to 'Format' (under 'set-up' the wrench icon), then press the right-hand arrow next to 'OK' on the circle switch. Next screen, 'cancel' will be highlighted, above it will say 'Format' and a warning 'all data deleted' . That's what you want. Arrow up to 'format', press 'OK'. Bar graph will show all files being deleted, card is empty and formatted.
Once you do that, turn the camera off, then on again. Does it work?
If not, charge the battery, even if it doesn't say 'depleted'. Try again.
If these two suggestions don't work, post on 'General technical troubleshooting' and we'll try to help!
Good Luck!
Ron

08-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, failing all of the above, try another card, it maybe the cards starting to fail.