Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Vermont

Hello from northern Vermont. I run a business called Pondermountain which includes finding ways to motivate folks to get outdoors and move. I shoot photos of wildlife, foraging and food (we also teach whole food cooking basics to help wean off processed food) We use a Pentax K-5 with various menses and a Nikon D-300s as well.
We just acquired the SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM for wildlife pictures and I believe I chose the right teleconverter (Tamron 1.4x PZ-AF MC4) for it from World of Used Photography. I have been researching to make sure it would work and it appears from posts on this forum that it will. So, mostly I am just saying hello, but if anyone thinks the tc won't work, let me know.
Regards,
John

08-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome abroad, I have no insight into the Tamron TC, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the answers.
08-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello John and welcome to PF.
08-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from just a bit north of the border...
I dont have this combo, but read that the TC should work fine with the DA* 300mm...