Hi everyone, rookie here.

08-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
Yos
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!
What camera or lens do you shoot with?
Hope to see some pictures from Taiwan
Only been to Taipei but I think it's a very nice city. Would love to come back and explore of the island, heard the east coast is really beautiful
08-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I like it there. Get good pictures of interesting things. Prefer Tainan.
08-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy both it and your photography.

08-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #5

Original Poster
thank you Josef, i am using K-5II body, i will post few photos here but as i mentioned in previously, i am about just started to shooting something not long ago, so, do not expecting too much, ha.
and you know east coast? wow, unbelievable, seems you know this island very well through.. i went to "Ponso no Tao" at last year (a smaller island beside Taiwan, i think it is a neverland of Taiwan a.k.a LanYu), everything in there are so "original" you got to come back and take a look! bty, your photos are wonderful on the 500px.

thank you Tim, have you been there before? Tainan, i spent years in there for my schooling in college. peoples are friendly over there just like my hometown KHH, Kaohsiung.

Thank you Kerrow! i believe i will peoples are so nice here.
08-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Yos
Veteran Member

The K-5II is a great camera. And don't worry about the quality of your photos, just enjoy your camera.
Read up about photography and later your pictures will become better and better.
I think my first 10 000 pictures were so so

About Taiwan, yeah, got a few friends from Taiwan and they all say the east coast is really beautiful. To bad my trip was to short.
Somehow I will make it back as I didn't have the time to visit all the hot springs outside Taipei. And I also miss the food from Asia as I just moved back to Sweden from Beijing. Lets hope I win the lotto
And thanks for your comment about my 500px page!

Cheers
08-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-5ii and please post us an image or two later ... J
08-17-2013, 05:10 AM   #8

Original Poster
my first post here --> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/234417-macro-shooting-bugs.html#post2480995

08-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome!

I have very good memories of your country, from doing software work and instruction courses (both for quality control) between 1987 and 1990. Altogether stayed 5 weeks in Kaohsiung, 2 weeks each in Taichung and Taipei, and shorter times in several other locations.
Even survived a heavy car accident with a Taiwanese engineer in Taichung. After that, we both got to travel all over your country using plane, railway, buses, and taxis for more than a week. This was quite an experience, as these means of transportation were ment for locals, not for tourists!

But I really liked your island (would have liked it even more, if air pollution at that time hadn't been hazardous). I heard this has improved since.

Welcome again!
08-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
Welcome!

I have very good memories of your country, from doing software work and instruction courses (both for quality control) between 1987 and 1990. Altogether stayed 5 weeks in Kaohsiung, 2 weeks each in Taichung and Taipei, and shorter times in several other locations.
Even survived a heavy car accident with a Taiwanese engineer in Taichung. After that, we both got to travel all over your country using plane, railway, buses, and taxis for more than a week. This was quite an experience, as these means of transportation were ment for locals, not for tourists!

But I really liked your island (would have liked it even more, if air pollution at that time hadn't been hazardous). I heard this has improved since.

Welcome again!
thank you for greeting, glad you have good memories of the island, i have a good memories in German too, i traveled EU about 9 and 10 yrs ago, stay in there for a month, and most of time are stay in Deutschland. everything are so tidy and organized over there, i really enjoy the time when i stay in there, visiting automobile museum. and the autobahn are amazing, i think i couldn't have a chance to break my drive speed record that i had in there. :P
the air pollution is a serious issue, but it improve a lot in recent years since many factories been moved out from the island. in other point of view, peoples lost their job too. but i think life will find its way out.