Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #1

Hello from Michigan

Been using Pentax film SLRs since 1998, Minolta SLRs, Stereo cameras and RF cameras for longer.

My user name reflects my hobbies. the "E6" refers to photography - I've been shooting slides for 40 years.

08-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard from NE IL!
08-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, do you want to decode to rest of the user name for the thick folk like myself amongst our ranks.
08-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, do you want to decode to rest of the user name for the thick folk like myself amongst our ranks.
1L6: A fairly rare vacuum tube (electron valve) used in portable shortwave radios without transistors (oldtime radio hobby)

E6: Chemical process for producing color transparency images (slides) from exposed film (photography hobby)

VHF (Very High Frequency): Portion of electromagnetic spectrum (1-10m/30-300 MHz) (amateur radio/distant radio and TV listening hobby)

08-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Thanks for that, E6 I was OK with, the other two I would nae have had a clue.

I'm not that much wiser now, even though you've told me.
12-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!
You and other Michigan Pentaxians are welcome to join the group at Michigan Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
12-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #7

Hey Rob,

You stinking traitor....how can you give up after 40 years of heaven sent slide film?
Haha, only joking!
It must have been hell for you to convert to digital?

Don't worry mate, there must be many of us around the globe that have been through the same soul searching and torture.Weeping over those manual,analogue,metal,noisy creations closer to Stevenson's Rocket and the industrial revolution. Who in the hell needs all this digital crap? (Yes I said that!)
It was in fact my kids that got onto my case and said ,"you have to move on Dad,it's the digital age now!"

My beloved Hasselblad Pan X sits crying in the corner of the cupboard totally abandoned!
Well not quite.....I shot an old abandoned railway bridge recently when no one was looking.....still something about film I can't get out my veins hey.

Welcome to the forum,

12-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 1L6E6VHF Quote
1L6: A fairly rare vacuum tube (electron valve) used in portable shortwave radios without transistors (oldtime radio hobby)

E6: Chemical process for producing color transparency images (slides) from exposed film (photography hobby)

VHF (Very High Frequency): Portion of electromagnetic spectrum (1-10m/30-300 MHz) (amateur radio/distant radio and TV listening hobby)
There's an awful lot of big words in here. I'm getting a headache now, Haha. Anyway, welcome to the forums.