Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
Forum Member

New pentax user from Spain

Hi,

I have been posting on the forum for two weeks now and I think it's time to introduce myself. Though I don't have a pentax camera yet, I have my white K30 on the way, and I am hoping to get it next week. I bought it with the 18-55 WR lens and I already own a Chinon 50mm 1.7.

I want to expand my pentax equipment slowly, so I will buy month by month a tripod, a tele-lens for surfing shots, an astro-tracer maybe (I would like to shoot the milky way) and a wide angle lens for shooting landscapes.

I would like to use it for video as well, though it's not the best camera for that.

So looking forward to start shooting with my future K30.

No need to say that I will be my first reflex, and upgrade from my (sorry for the expression) shitty Fujifilm S5100 (a bridge camera with an awful image quality, especially when zooming in)

08-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
I bought a white k30 about 5 months back, it was my first DSLR. Anyyway I love the camera and have no reqrets. Enjoy!
08-17-2013, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Here are a few ideas that might appeal to you. There is a lot that you can do with out spending a lot of money, that can help you determine where you really want to apply the funds.
  • You can use a bag of rice as a quick inexpensive makeshift tripod.
  • Learn about stitching - as its a quick inexpensive alternative to wide angle lenses. Use Microsoft ICE (a free download) to stitch images together to form one large resultant image. You can handhold the camera with good light, but a tripod is really needed in bad (or low) light.
  • There is never just one solution to a problem, so learn to think things through.
  • Photography is a compromise.

08-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-30 when you get it and please post us an image or two later ... J

08-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy what you find here.
08-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Justo got the camera, incredibly fast delivery from amazon.fr (outstanding price as well, 500 euros with the 18-55wr).

It's beautiful, but I don't have time to try it out since I have to head for work!