Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2013, 02:44 AM - 1 Like   #1

Another Pentax fan - from Perth

Hi Fellow Pentax Forumers,
I have been lurking around reading all the useful information on the site for long enough to join and introduce myself. I'm fairly new into the game but pretty addicted to Pentax considering I'm a newbie.

I learnt a little bit in the past from having a film K1000 and last year took a photography unit for a bit of fun while studying less fun stuff - the school cameras were *ists so when I came around to getting my own I went with Pentax too, a K-X, mostly drawn in by the idea of using cheaper old MF lenses. I sold the K-X to get a K-5 a few months ago, I think because I thought I wanted audio-in, you know, just in case. The K-5 locked me in for life I think, it's just awesome.

I also took a punt on a Q when I saw one for $200 and happened to have $200 on me, best $200 I have ever spent.

I would like to use this growing collection to take gritty street shots and footloose exotic travel-type photos, but alas, I'm a student and in Perth, when I'm not studying I have to make do with shooting countless photos of my cats, pretty flowers and park shots for now

Cheers for your great site, I'll be sure to add reviews of the lenses and cameras I have got so far,

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo   
08-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello Judges, Welcome to the Forum!
Hope you enjoy your time here, and look forward to seeing more of your photos. I especially like the B + W park scene, fine work!
Ron
08-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the K-5 and the Q ... and please post more images soon ... J
08-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, that's not my Perth then... that'll be the other one then.

That cats a handsome fellow, but looks like he already knows that.

or alternately

That cats a bonny lassie, but looks like she already knows that.

Delete as appropriate.

08-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, that's not my Perth then... that'll be the other one then.

That cats a handsome fellow, but looks like he already knows that.

or alternately

That cats a bonny lassie, but looks like she already knows that.

Delete as appropriate.
Hahah, yes she sure is a bonnie lass. The sunny Perth not the original

Thanks guys
08-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #6
JPE

Hi Judges,
that's a fine B&W of Lake Jualbup in Shenton Park (or am I mistaken? ). Either way, I must admit I spent many hours around Perth with my old Pentax MZ-50 catching the cockatoos and parrots! Heading back there later this year and taking new K30 with me - very excited
08-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JPE Quote
Hi Judges,
that's a fine B&W of Lake Jualbup in Shenton Park (or am I mistaken? ). Either way, I must admit I spent many hours around Perth with my old Pentax MZ-50 catching the cockatoos and parrots! Heading back there later this year and taking new K30 with me - very excited
Yeah, great spot JPE