Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Dropping in from Syracuse, NY

Hi, everyone. Scott from Syracuse. I bought my first Pentax SLR clone back in 1982, so when I bought a DSLR I decided to stay with Pentax. Have been a happy owner of an *istD, a K10D, and now a K30. I use my still camera for business half the time - well, probably more than half the time. The rest of the time I shoot nature, portraits, and anything else that gets in my way.

Sort of ashamed to admit it, but after 30 yrs, I'm still leaving the camera on Auto for most shots. That's one of my goals is to actually make it do what I want. Heck, that's why I drive a stick - so I'm actually in control, not the car. But every time I upgrade, the camera gets better!

I shoot exclusively in RAW, edit in Lightroom, and then move on to "real" photo editing software. I tried PS Elements for a couple versions, but recently went back to using Serif's PhotoPlus.

And. . . that's about it! Looking forward to hanging out here every once in a while and learning a lot. Thanks for reading!

08-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I knew there had to be another Pentax shooter in Syracuse

Are you aware of the Syracuse photo meetups, Northern Exposure and Syracuse Photographers Association?
08-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Scott and welcome to the Forums. Glad you joined us
08-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I knew there had to be another Pentax shooter in Syracuse

Are you aware of the Syracuse photo meetups, Northern Exposure and Syracuse Photographers Association?
I knew there were at least a couple photo groups in Syracuse, Boris, but I've never participated. I probably should if I want to get serious-er.

08-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-30 and hope to see an image or two soon ... J
08-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum

QuoteOriginally posted by Scott_G Quote
I knew there were at least a couple photo groups in Syracuse, Boris, but I've never participated. I probably should if I want to get serious-er.
Because god knows we all want to get serious-er.
08-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hey nothing wrong with Lightroom, I probably do 95% of my PP in it and just use Photoshop CC for the heavy lifting.