Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2013, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello from Des Moines

Hi there, I've been following this forum for a couple of years and finally decided to jump on board! I started with a K1000 in 1984. It was a graduation present (My parents were just happy I graduated!). I still have it safely tucked away ready for the day this digital fad comes to an end. I learned a lot from that camera without realizing I ever learned anything at all! This drives my wife to distraction because I'm always leaving the K100 on manual and her shots of the kids get spooged!

I picked up the K110D in 2009 for the purpose of using my older lenses on a new camera. Last year I gave that to my daughter and purchased a K100D. This turned my daughter onto photography and made her a Pentax fan also. with the added plus that I can watch ebay and Craigslist for things she might need!

I am strictly amateur with no desire to go beyond just capturing whats around me while enjoying myself. I also wont upgrade until my camera dies. I get attached things and never give them up!

Last edited by Joel B; 08-28-2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Wrong smiley face
08-27-2013, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Hi there, I've been following this forum for a couple of years and finally decided to jump on board! I started with a K1000 in 1984. It was a graduation present (My parents were just happy I graduated!). I still have it safely tucked away ready for the day this digital fad comes to an end. I learned a lot from that camera without realizing I ever learned anything at all! This drives my wife to distraction because I'm always leaving the K100 on manual and her shots of the kids get spooged!

I picked up the K110D in 2009 for the purpose of using my older lenses on a new camera. Last year I gave that to my daughter and purchased a K100D. This turned my daughter onto photography and made her a Pentax fan also. with the added plus that I can watch ebay and Craigslist for things she might need!

I am strictly amateur with no desire to go beyond just capturing whats around me while enjoying myself. I also wont upgrade until my camera dies. I get attached things and never give them up!
Welcome,

I share your views. I have also grown attached to my K-r and 2 Qs and I shall never part with them. I will go on using them till they die. However, I will soon be purchasing a second DSLR body just to be on the safe side.

Dom
08-27-2013, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums, Des Moines! I lived in West Des Moines many years ago - I probably wouldn't recognize it these days. The K100D is a great little workhorse, capable of some very nice images. My wife has taken possession of mine these days, but I still get to play with it now & then. You might take a look at this thread, and maybe post a few of your shots one of these days: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/234878-appreciate-k100d.html
08-27-2013, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard, JB!

08-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Welcome to the forums, Des Moines! I lived in West Des Moines many years ago - I probably wouldn't recognize it these days. The K100D is a great little workhorse, capable of some very nice images. My wife has taken possession of mine these days, but I still get to play with it now & then. You might take a look at this thread, and maybe post a few of your shots one of these days: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/234878-appreciate-k100d.html
D.M. metro has improved quite a bit over the last 20 years. With a new mall out west, the East village Downtown, much more diverse dining, and the one and only Zombie Burger! sound like an ad for the city. I'm going check out that thread tonight.
Thanks,
Joel
08-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome

I watched several forums for a while, but this one always seemed nicer, more friendly, and just plain more fun! hey I think I just figured out how to post photos. Hot dog it worked
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K110D  Photo 
08-28-2013, 12:19 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... K1000 & K110D are great ... looking forward to future posts of your images ... J
08-28-2013, 10:24 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Everybody thinks they'll stay with one camera forever.

I bet once you look at a camera like the K-30 or K-50 and see the greater image quality, along with the fun of focus peaking with your older manual lenses, and you will cheat on your K100D

Good luck!

08-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
My parents were just happy I graduated!
Welcome, it's a parent thing, I was so glad when both of mine graduated from Uni, I thought it was to be the end of my financial burden, how wrong can one man be.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 08-28-2013 at 04:58 PM.
08-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Everybody thinks they'll stay with one camera forever.

I bet once you look at a camera like the K-30 or K-50 and see the greater image quality, along with the fun of focus peaking with your older manual lenses, and you will cheat on your K100D

Good luck!
CHEAT ON MY CAMERA?! EEEEEEK!!
08-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, it's a parent thing, I was so glad when both of mine graduated from Uni, I thought it was to be the end of my financial burden, how wrong can one man be.
My wife is dying to see Scotland, but it doesn't look like It will be a reality until the last one is out of school. Since he is 7 that might be a while. plus I have to get over the idea of being strapped into a giant soda can and shot through the stratosphere.
Joel