Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New member from West Covina, CA

Hi everyone. My name is Alex Morales and I am from West Covina, California, USA. It's a community located about 45 miles east of downtown Los Angeles in the San Gabriel Valley. I took up photography about 4-5 years ago and bought a Pentax *istDS, then got a K10D, and now a K20D. Since I've recently retired from AT&T after 34 years, I plan on devoting more time to this craft and see if I can take some interesting and meaningful shots.

I know that the camera does not make the photographer, although it CAN make him/her look better if he/she has the creativity and the skills already.

I am not claiming I have skills but I am trying to take the best shots that I can with what I know or have learned.

I have recently purchased a K20D along with the Pentax 50-135mm SDM lens so I hope I can produce some shots on par with many of you.

Alex

03-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
edl
Veteran Member

Welcome Alex! Lots of good stuff to shoot in the valley...looking forward to seeing some of your pics.
03-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome, Ed! As soon as I can navigate my way around here comfortably, I'll start posting some stuff...

Alex
03-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Forum Member

Hi Alex!

This is quite a small world just to let you know. I actually work in West Covina at the movie theater off the 10 fwy, Edwards. And live a few cities away.

Anyways, welcome to the board and can't wait to see some of your pictures

03-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi there! Yep, it is a small world. As far as where I'm located, I'm at the farthest southernmost tip of West Covina as far as you can get.... right on the border to Walnut.

I've posted a couple of macro shots in the Gallery that I took this weekend at the Fullerton Arboretum. I have a few more but I want to go over them and see which ones are good enough to show...

Alex
03-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Forum Member

Howdy, neighbor.
03-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi there!

Hi there, Daniel! Glad to be here!

Alex