Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Sunny California!

I was trying to find a replacement Pentax SMC DA 50-200 ED WR when I found this outstanding site!! Maybe I will find needed answers to my many Pentax questions. One biggy is how to find the right adapters for lenses I bought. My main two body's are K2000. But also have 4 older film cameras and at last count 18 older lenses initially for film cameras. I'll be researching this web site for help. I am a photographer, wanting to go pro..encouraged by many, however self taught. I won a photo contest 25 years ago/now i can follow my passion since My kids are grown (all 6 of them) My terminology isn't what it should be but I'm here to learn. I take roughly 1000 photos or more per month, but on a really good shoot I can do that in a day. Photography is and always has been my hearts desire. Catching that shot, I live for that. -Carrie

08-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! What lenses do you need adapters for?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Adam, I have them in storage, (we're full time in a motorhome, so many things are in storage lol) I now plan to get them all out this weekend and register their serial numbers and be able to answer you better. Okay? Thank you! I'm VERY excited.
08-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Great. If they're Pentax lenses, you probably won't need any adapters unless they're the older screwmount kind, in which case you need a simple adapter as detailed here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Carrie, welcome.
We have a Pentax Forums California social group running and we organize meet ups periodically.
Join the group over in that part of the forum and hopefully we will get to meet you some day.
08-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
welcome!
08-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and please post us an image or two soon ... J

08-31-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Hello Carrie, welcome.
We have a Pentax Forums California social group running and we organize meet ups periodically.
Join the group over in that part of the forum and hopefully we will get to meet you some day.
awesome! I'll try and figure how to join. I would love to meet other photographers that use pentax.. very exciting.
09-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, can't wait to see some of the best of the thousand.