Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi I have joined this forum as my son has just bought a pentax K 30 and I know he will be keep asking me Dad what is this for or what does this do.So I will be here picking your brains most likely.(funny how a lot of people don't reead the manual,or don't understand them) so bear with me as I read and digest your answers to the questions we all ask (is there a "Pentax K30 for Dummies" book out yet).By the way I am located in the North East of England (County Durham)

09-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gritfit Quote
Hi I have joined this forum as my son has just bought a pentax K 30 and I know he will be keep asking me Dad what is this for or what does this do.So I will be here picking your brains most likely.(funny how a lot of people don't reead the manual,or don't understand them) so bear with me as I read and digest your answers to the questions we all ask (is there a "Pentax K30 for Dummies" book out yet).By the way I am located in the North East of England (County Durham)
Welcome aboard! This is the place to ask questions, so ask away, we won't mind

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-30 and never be shy here about asking questions ... hope to see an image or two soon ... J
09-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, make sure he (son) joins up too.

09-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #5
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Does that mean you haven't got a K-30 yourself yet?
09-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Welcome! Does that mean you haven't got a K-30 yourself yet?
I agree, the best way to teach him is to have one yourself!
09-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The new K30

He bought the K30 to take with him on his trip to America,He is a above knee amputee who is into mountain biking and normaly shoots with a Go Pro for videos and stuff but decided he would like a "Propper" camera so bought the K30 after reading reviews.He has a small click and shoot Canon with him as well and a panasonic Lumix (left at Home) .He is very critical of the photos he takes and will see faults where others may not (think that's his OCD kicking in) I will get him to join the forum when he returns (if I can).He is not one for reading manuals very much (rather plays it by ear or asks his dad who then has to read the manual )and in my twilight years I find that harder to do .lol )