Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1

A big hello from Brazil!

My name is Tiago Melo.
I'm an architect and a photo enthusiast. I've been shooting digital for just about three years. I own a entry-level Canon T4i but with some very nice lens and have been flirting with film since the beginning, but the practical side of the digital world always held me back. So I finally decided to break my shackles and buy my first 35mm camera. Or so I thought! I ended up buying two...
Pentax was an obvious choice for me since people in my family always loved Pentax and I grew up with those wonderful cameras around me. Anyway, I was surfing on ebay and started looking for a K-1000. It was the only model I knew. But other cameras kept poping up on the screen and I got curious. Damn! I couldn't make a choice between some models and I bought a KX with a 55mm f1.8 and a ME Super with an 50mm f1.7. I'm afraid I'll keep them both and still buy an MX/50 f1.4...

09-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Tiago and welcome to the Forums. I see the decision on cameras has been hard, so I suggest you be careful if you see LBA in any comments around here unless you want lots of lenses too. Not that that would be a bad thing of course. : )
09-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the KX & ME Super and the M 50/1.4 is great (see signature) ... hope to see an image or two soon ... J
09-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, looking to see more of both your country and its amazing football June/July next year.

09-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Fala amigo! Brasileiro aqui, também.

If you ever buy a new Pentax DSLR, you can use all those lenses!