Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #1

Greetings and salutations...

I've been consulting the lens reviews here for a while now, but needing to access the classifieds section to purchase a lens has finally forced me to get an actual login.

Okay, this is starting to sound more and more like a 12-step program intro ("My name is Bruce, and I still shoot film, but it's so hard to stop!!") so I'll keep it short. I studied photography in college (years ago) when I thought learning photography would be a good idea, but I didn't have much of an idea of what I wanted to shoot (and printmaking was seriously competing for my attention).

Now I'm working a job in the manufacturing industry as a quality engineer, and to help maintain my sanity (interesting choice, I know) I've picked up my dad's old K1000 and started shooting again. I'm still amazed at how cheap lenses have become if you shoot manual... but I'm not complaining.

Bruce
(one down, one to go...)

09-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Bruce, I'm sure by now that second post is on the way right? ; )

Oh, and manual focusing is good for the soul.
09-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and my K1000 has a roll in it now which I need to finish ... hope to see an image or two soon ... J
09-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Welcome Bruce, I'm sure by now that second post is on the way right? ; )

Oh, and manual focusing is good for the soul.

Indeed, on both counts. :-)

09-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and my K1000 has a roll in it now which I need to finish ... hope to see an image or two soon ... J

Thank you, Jean. I've been reading for a while now, mostly I've been reading up on lens reviews to help make decisions, since the budget I allow myself for equipment is small. I've found some very good advice here already. Now maybe I'll be obligated to contribute some.

As for that half-finished roll in the camera, one of Ernest Hemingway's tricks for preventing writer's block was always stopping in the middle of something so he had a good starting point to pick up the next day.
09-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nagelbh Quote
purchase a lens has finally forced me to get an actual login
Welcome to the forum, LBA is indeed a powerful force to be reckoned with.
09-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, LBA is indeed a powerful force to be reckoned with.

LBA... logical block addressing?