Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Missouri

Hi, All,

I am a renewed Pentax user. My wife bought me a K110D for Christmas. I have had it for about a month and love it.

I started photography in my teens with a Kodak Retina and then a Petri. My first exposure to Pentax was in '67 when I used a Spotmatic for a week before going to Vietnam. I bought a Petri FT in Nam and some lenses in Singapore and a Yashica D TLR.

After the FT, I purchased a Pentax K1000 in the states and used it for many years. Eventually, I had an MX, ME Super, and the K1000. Had my own darkroom and then the divorce cost me most of that.

I stuck with a p&s until a couple of years ago when I purchased a Fuji S3000. I really like digital, but I soon became frustrated with the lack of control over the exposure and depth of field.

When I saw the new Pentax digital slrs, I started watching for the price to drop within the range of a parent with a child in private school. The K110D hit my price point and I am very happy with it.

I got the kit lens and found a used 80-200 in a local camera store. Today, I received a ZX-50 in the mail. I bought it on ebay for the Tamron 28-80 AF f3.5 attached to it. Seems to work great though subzero temps are limitting my tests.

Does anyone know of any Pentax Anonymous meetings in the Kansas City area?

Will

01-17-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Will. Almost all of us are Pentax addicts, but we have learned to enjoy it instead of fight it! Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures.
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, Carol.

I am not too worried about a Pentax addiction.

I was having coffee this morning with two of the guys from my church. I brought up my recent purchase of the Tamron lens. One of the guys then tells me that he has a Pentax and a couple of lenses at home he hasn't used in a long time. He told me I could have them. Since he used to work for Honeywell, I am wondering about the type. He insists they are not screw mount but K mount.

Will

Last edited by irishinmo; 01-17-2007 at 08:31 PM.
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Irishinmo.

Welcome to the forums, and welcome back to Pentax!

Honeywell K-mount lenses. I'd compare the size of the bayonet to your 80-200mm lens. If they measure the same size, test it on your ZX-50 first then you could take your chances with the 110D - I'd be very cautious because I've heard of some 3rd party lenses getting stuck on a body.

I would ask around here first - post a thread in the Pentax Lens discusion area as well as in the classic film camera area. I'm sure one of the users will have one and could give you a tip or two.

Good Luck and hope to see some pictures soon!

01-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I have read in some other posts about stuck lenses. It took me a week to get over my fear and attach a Soligor slide copier with a K adapter on it to my K110D. It worked, by the way.

My friends lenses are Pentax lenses. Honeywell was the original importer of the Asahi Pentax cameras. They had Spotmatics stamped Honeywell/Pentax.

Will