Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #1

Pentax mz 50 qd

Hi I have the above film camera which I bought with a Cofina 28/210mm lens a few years ago. I have tried a few camera shops to see if its possible to get a digital camera to fit my lens. Alas no joy. I do not want to let both go as have only been offered 50 quid the lot ! Any suggestions out there, also need to source covers for camera body and lens.
Any ifno be much appreciated, thanks.

Paul.

09-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not familiar with the lens.The MZ-50 also known as the ZX-50 in the U.S. uses the K mount system. All of the Pentax DSLRs still use the same mount system so If it worked on the MZ-50 it will work on the DSLRs. That is an advantage of Pentax backward lens compatability
P.S. welcome to the Forums Paul
09-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Standard Pentax body and lens caps should do the trick. You can find some cheap ones on ebay if needed!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Standard Pentax body and lens caps should do the trick.
The mount is called K-Mount, Pentax, PK or P/K. Pentax alone could also refer to the deprecated M42 screwmount, so look for the K.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can find some cheap ones on ebay if needed!
My local store actually had them cheaper than ebay. (until i bought 10 at once).

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
I am not familiar with the lens.The MZ-50 also known as the ZX-50 in the U.S. uses the K mount system. All of the Pentax DSLRs still use the same mount system so If it worked on the MZ-50 it will work on the DSLRs. That is an advantage of Pentax backward lens compatability
P.S. welcome to the Forums Paul
To be sure, and to educate us, it‘s probably best to post some pics of your lens (incl. front element and mount.) if it is indeed a k-mount, it will not only fit all of pentaxes dslrs, but also the mirrorless K-01.

09-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and hope to see an image or two soon ... J
09-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you've got loads of good advice already, so I'll just say welcome.