Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1

The heart of an Egyptian in the land of the Philippines

HI everyone I'm Ismail but you can call me Ish, Ive been living in this beautiful country for a long time now and I must admit the Philippines is the place that got me very interested in taking pictures,I started my Pentax journey back in 2010 with the KX, with a kit 18-55 lens and a manual pentax 50mm. It was an amazing camera to start with, very forgiving and taught me a lot such as the importance of having an af lock indicator. heheheh After 2 years it was apparent that I needed something a little tougher due to the constant damp weather we are having here I was constantly sending my unit to get professionally cleaned, So My next purchase was a Pentax k-7, I thought I really needed the weather sealing, My experience with the k-7 was a hmmmm eeeek wow relationship. Mainly because I chose to get the Pentax DA 17-70 lens. Yes the lens would not focus half the time, the situation was a lot worse at night time. Furthermore the poor ISO performance left me less than impressed especially since the ISO performance of the KX was simply amazing. Needless to say k-7 got me discouraged to taking photos. only using it for corporate events. A week ago I took the plunge and purchased the K-5, boy ow boy ow boy what a lovely camera. Suddenly everything came alive. Everything is snappy, pictures are simply amazing, ISO performance is jaw dropping, and best of all the DA 17-70 works like a charm. It focuses quickly, for some reason it is brighter and sharper. I absolutely adore Pentax when things come together.
On a side note A friend of mine purchased a canon 6D a while back and I remember thinking. Why do I have to remember what each of the 4 buttons on the top function for while shooting, and why do I need several more steps to set up things such as flash ev steps while in the pentax it takes a button and a dial. We might not have a sports shooter yet but we defiantly have the best logically laid out camera out there

09-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Ish and thank you for that comprehensive but interesting introduction.
09-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ifarghaly Quote
HI everyone I'm Ismail but you can call me Ish, Ive been living in this beautiful country for a long time now and I must admit the Philippines is the place that got me very interested in taking pictures,I started my Pentax journey back in 2010 with the KX, with a kit 18-55 lens and a manual pentax 50mm. It was an amazing camera to start with, very forgiving and taught me a lot such as the importance of having an af lock indicator. heheheh After 2 years it was apparent that I needed something a little tougher due to the constant damp weather we are having here I was constantly sending my unit to get professionally cleaned, So My next purchase was a Pentax k-7, I thought I really needed the weather sealing, My experience with the k-7 was a hmmmm eeeek wow relationship. Mainly because I chose to get the Pentax DA 17-70 lens. Yes the lens would not focus half the time, the situation was a lot worse at night time. Furthermore the poor ISO performance left me less than impressed especially since the ISO performance of the KX was simply amazing. Needless to say k-7 got me discouraged to taking photos. only using it for corporate events. A week ago I took the plunge and purchased the K-5, boy ow boy ow boy what a lovely camera. Suddenly everything came alive. Everything is snappy, pictures are simply amazing, ISO performance is jaw dropping, and best of all the DA 17-70 works like a charm. It focuses quickly, for some reason it is brighter and sharper. I absolutely adore Pentax when things come together.
On a side note A friend of mine purchased a canon 6D a while back and I remember thinking. Why do I have to remember what each of the 4 buttons on the top function for while shooting, and why do I need several more steps to set up things such as flash ev steps while in the pentax it takes a button and a dial. We might not have a sports shooter yet but we defiantly have the best logically laid out camera out there
Welcome Ish

As a fellow K5'er I agree with you wholeheartedly.
It's a great camera.
If only my skills were up to its capabilities.

Mickey Oberman
09-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-5; mine is great ... and hope to see an image or two soon ... J

09-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the intro! Great to see another happy K-5 user. It is a truly magnificent machine
09-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome!
09-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #7

Hello! Kumusta! I'm a Filipina in FL

09-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by ifarghaly Quote
Philippines is the place that got me very interested in taking pictures
Welcome, remember to take your camera with you when you go back to Egypt for visits, as it too is a very photogenic country.