Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New To K10d

Hi all,

When I was younger I had dreams of becoming a pro photographer then life derailed that. Now I've come across the K10D and a much better situtation in life! I realize That the K10D is not a "Pro" camera, but for now I consider it my training/ boot camp. I'm looking forward to posting new pics in the near future and becoming a "useful" member of the forum.

Thanks,
Carlos

03-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It is a pro camera. There are a few "pro's" here that use it. Take that back used it until they got thier K20's welcome and look forward to seeing your pictures
03-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome, Carlos! I used to be a pro, and now am a K10D owner. The pro portion of my life led me to buy my Spotmatic (one of several cameras up to 4X5 which we used for technical research documentation), which I cherish and still shoot for the pleasure of film.

The K10D is a match (or better) for any of the cameras I shot while a pro, and I think many Pentaxians would agree that this camera really does put the "pro" in "prosumer." The K20D sounds even more like a modern "pro" digital camera, but I seldom "trade up" so quickly, and I'll work my K10D happily for years to come, I'm sure.