Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #1

From Germany to Toronto

Good morning all of you,
I just registered here as I will live in Toronto for a while. Some years ago I was a very active member in the German Pentax forum under the same name: forum.digitalfotonetz.de. Inbetween I was very busy with my other hobby, cycling, but now I want to spend more time behind the viewfinder again. I am looking forward to get honest criticism on my pictures here.

Do you have a special part in the forum to post travel pictures or do all pictures go to the same part here? Since I just travelled (cycled) all around the United States, you will see mainly landscape shots from me in the next time ;-)

best regards,
Michael

09-11-2013, 08:03 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Michael, from a fellow Torontonian (who also moved here from Europe)!

You can freely post your photos to the forum here and label them "Travel," or if you want criticism and feedback, you can post them in this part of the forum here.

BTW, if you ever feel like walking and shooting photos instead of biking, you are free to join our local Toronto Pentaxians Group here! We meet together every few months at different locations for photography, conversation, and trying out each other's gear. Our next meet up is this Sunday at the Toronto Islands. Join us!
09-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello Michael, Welcome to the Forum!
Generally, people post their photos under 'Photo Sharing and Galleries', the "Post Your Photos!' thread. When you open a new thread there, it will ask for a category, like landscapes,B + W, Macro, etc.
Another option is to start a user album, click on your user name, then click on 'statistics', and you will see an Album option.
Or, if the photos fit into an existing thread, like 'Show us your Bokeh' or 'Ultra Wide Angle' etc, you can add them with a reply post.
There are various contests, challenges, lens clubs (photos taken with a specific lens) and so on.
But overall, I believe the most-viewed photo forum is 'Post Your Photos!'
Hope to see some of your work soon!
Ron
09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, I look forward to seeing your "road trip" pictures soon.

09-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #5

Welcome Michael! One thing that you'll notice is that Toronto is pretty flat. Are you a roadie btw? I used to work in the cycling industry. We mostly have crits but you can find out about the "Donut Ride" if you wanted to participate in some form of serious cycling again.