Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #1

Hello from California.

Hello everybody, my name is Aj and I am new to the art that is photography. I'm 24 years old and live on the coast of california. I have always been interested in the art but never had the means to engage in it(besides my iPhone camera), but luckily my local college offers photo course which I'm taking advantage of. I'm interested in many different types of photography, from landscapes to sports and everything inb etween. I come here with an open mind and hope to learn much from all of you. I just picked up a pentax mx and can't wait to get started at dawn.

Also, I have questions about black and white night photography, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Aj Tapis

09-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AjTapis Quote
I just picked up a pentax mx and can't wait to get started at dawn
Welcome to the forum, great camera choice, keep an eye out for it's big brother too, the LX if you come across one.
09-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the intro! Ah, the mighty little MX... Excellent camera
09-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, great camera choice, keep an eye out for it's big brother too, the LX if you come across one.
I actually have a chance to pick an LX for $100 tomorrow, but the price makes me a bit suspicious. What is the average going rate for one, $200-300?

09-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
What is the average going rate for one
I must admit I've no idea what they go for, is it something you see/touch/try before you buy?
09-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I must admit I've no idea what they go for, is it something you see/touch/try before you buy?
Yes, luckily, I am meeting the person face to face tomorrow.
09-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

meeting the person face to face
Excellent, hope all goes well, let us know how you get on.

09-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the KX (and maybe LX) and there are a lot of friendly folk here ready to give advice ... please post us an image or two soon ... J
09-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #9

Hello everybody, my name is Aj and I am new to the art that is photography. I'm 24 years old and live on the coast of california. I have always been interested in the art but never had the means to engage in it(besides my iPhone camera), but luckily my local college offers photo course which I'm taking advantage of. I'm interested in many different types of photography, from landscapes to sports and everything inb etween. I come here with an open mind and hope to learn much from all of you. I just picked up a pentax mx and can't wait to get started at dawn.

Also, I have questions about black and white night photography, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Aj Tapis
I still have and use daily the MX that I bought in 1976 (I might have serial number 1, 2 or 3) . Do you notice how small it is? Simple beyond belief! Rugged beyond belief! Use PRIME lenses regardless of age and be stunned at what this little thing can do!